After spending some time adjusting myself, I have settled on a new button layout for my preferences and shooting style. I thought I would share in case it gives some insight, or some help to your decisions in setting up the camera.
Top Exp button: Magnify
ISO Button: ISO
Rec Button: HDR
Fn Button: Peaking
Fn Lever: Focus style swap (s-AF on one, C-AF+tr 9-point on the other)
Joystick: selects points, center push is FP-Home
AEL Button: Focus
Shutter Button: Exposure Only
WB: White Balance
Body Up: Custom WB
Body Down: Depth of Field Preview (or I might make this FP-Home like I use on my E-M1.2, just to retain muscle memory)
Lens Button: IS Mode
OK Button: SCP
Card Button: Does Nothing. Olympus. It does nothing. Can we please change this to SOMETHING.
All of these are exactly the same in both orientations for me.
- Changing seasons!
- Olympus E-M1X long term review
- Commercial use of Live ND feature
- Olympus 12-200mm Review – One lens to rule them all?
- E-M1mkII Firmware V3.1 released!
- E-M1 mkII v3 S-AF+MF
- Don’t update to E-M1mkII V3 firmware if you shoot video!!!!
- New firmware update notes!
- E-M1X v1.1 and E-M1 mkII v3 firmware announced!
- Olympus releases the 2x Teleconverter MC-20