I finally figured out Quick Sleep mode! The new menu system in the E-M1mkII* has a “quick sleep” mode option under Custom Menu J2. Regardless how I would set it…it just never seemed to do anything. Finally came the day where I realized what option (in typical olympus fashion, without telling you) disables quick sleep mode. Too bad there is no indication of this anywhere. Eye sensor for the EVF must be on. Otherwise quick sleep is disabled even though the option is not greyed out.
Quick sleep mode is a faster way to get into power saving. Here is a video walking you through how to set it up and make sure nothing is blocking it from working. Its pretty cool actually, especially in a casual walking around setting when shooting. Just make sure you initialize the camera to wake up on its way up to your eye and not once you already raise the camera. Sleep takes a second or two to come back from so you don’t want to miss any shots waiting.
*I believe the Em5-mkII has this as well…maybe others like the Pen-F and Em10 mkII…I don’t remember seeing them though in my time with those cameras. Regardless, I’m betting they all work the same way with this if the feature is present.
- FYI… momentary maintenance with Workflow course…
- Wireless tethering update
- Website update with Olympus images
- Self isolating… in nature?
- OT: Self-Isolating pt 3…Artists & Greatness around the web!
- OT: Self Isolating pt 2… Music!
- OT: Sitting around and self-isolating? How about some books!
- Olympus Watchers Film
- High Res mode files IMPROVED!
- Installing Presets